Sunday, November 27, 2011

Such Unsorrowful Sweetness

Liz and I decided to take separate routes on our hitchhiking journey. Right now I'm in Bergamo, Italy, and she is in Lublijana, Croatia.

Our last night together was in an olive grove in Slovenia, just over the border from Croatia. It got below freezing, that night, and we didn't have a tent, as her tent was stolen in Visoko, Bosnia and mine was sold on Craigs List two years ago. :) She woke up with frozen feet and I woke up with an urgency to get off the property of whoever's olive grove it was. We had a tiff about shampoo at around 6:30 a.m., and about three hours later, after failing to get rides in the beautiful morning sun at the Croatia-Slovenia border, we decided, in the most amicable way possible, to part ways.

We didn't take any photos, that day.

Our last photos are from the beach at Opatija, near Rijeka, Croatia, the day before.







The photo below is from the Esoteric Fair in Opatija, on our first of two trips there.


Liz and I spent about two months together, 24/7 (sometimes she went running:) under very stressful (low-money) circumstances. I'm proud of how we conducted ourselves. I'm happy with the relationship we had. I learned a lot from her and I hope I was a positive influence in her life.

I don't have a crystal ball, but I think we will be great friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment